Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

My poor bank account

Well, following on from this morning's post, I duly took my daughter to a shop recommended by a work colleague as being one of the less expensive places to buy a prom dress.

Elz was convinced she wanted a blue dress and we duly wandered round the shop picking out all the ones she liked and putting them on a rail for her to try on. Eight dresses later and she found one she really liked but the shop assistant thought it may be worth her trying it on in one size bigger to see whether she felt more comfortable (a size 8 instead of a 6).

She had exactly the same dress in a size 8 but in a very pale lemon instead of the original blue the size 6 one was in. Well, she tried in on and we both fell in love with it instantly. It looked like it had been made especially for her. It really is the most gorgeous dress ever.

While we were on a roll, we also got the shoes and a tiara. It then suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't asked any prices! Are you sitting down cos I certainly had to when the woman announced she had chosen the most expensive dress in the shop - eekk!!!

So, deposit put down and payment in installments from now on. I know what you are saying - I should have said no, but ultimately its only actually £20 more expensive than both the elder daughters' dresses and what you do for one you have to do for the others.

The prom isn't actually until June time so I'm afraid you will have to wait for then to see the photos but now I need your help - if you or anyone you knows needs a gift for a newborn or a baby shower please please get in contact as it looks like I need all the money I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment