Pages

Sunday 2 January 2011

2011 Plans


Okay, I'm the first to admit it - I have been useless at keeping this blog up to date. With everything that's been going on in 2010 - starting up the business, still working full-time, writing my weekly articles for an online magazine - this blog has been the main casualty.

Thanks to a thread posted on the craft forum I belong to, the challenge has been issued to try and write something on my blog every day. I have to be honest with you, I'm not sure I can manage every day but I'm going to try. However, please forgive me if I slip up but I promise to let you know more of what's going on more often that I did last year!

So, how was your Christmas? Even though its only 2nd January it seems like a bit of a distant memory. All the planning and rushing around for what is essentially two day - as lovely as they are.

The nappy cakes have taken a bit of a back seat for me over the festive period. The two hospitals I supply to have been very quiet and my website hasn't generated any sales but I imagine people have had to pay out enough during December without having to diminish their bank balance even further!

The good thing about having the time off from my full-time job though means I had sat down and had a bit of a think about how I am hoping 2011 will pan out. I've decided having a stall at shows every weekend is going to have to stop. I kept a detailed record of everything I sold at each show/event I attended and that has given me a good insight into which shows are worth attending this year.

So far, it looks like I'll be doing a show a month but March and August are looking like they could have two or three. My new 2011 filofax (Xmas gift!) is already filled in as are the booking forms and deposit cheques all sat ready in their envelopes to be posted out.

I've got lots more to tell you, but I think I may make you wait until tomorrow. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment