Pages

Monday 3 January 2011

Getting Organised

As I explained in yesterday's blog, I am trying desperately to get myself more organised for 2011 than I ever was in 2010.

When I first started my nappy cake business my eldest daughter was out of the country for the summer so I utilised her bedroom, but then she came back and me and my nappy cakes were evicted as she, quite rightly, wanted her room back! Fortunately we have quite a largish living room so by moving the furniture around a bit and using a settee we managed to section off one end and I went out and bought a lot of plastic boxes to store everything in.

Then along came Christmas and if you have ever seen the film National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation well .... our Xmas tree pretty much resembled theirs! Why do they always look smaller when you pick one out in the lot than when they arrive back at your house?! Anyway, off we went again with the furniture moving and currently all my nappy cake stock (including the few prepared nappy cakes I always have lying around just in case of an order) is bundled on top of each other higgledy piggledy.

I know things will look better once the tree is gone and my room is back to normality, but after moaning on about the mess for the last few days my OH announced that when he gets back to work this week he will get someone on site to make me a unit where all my boxes etc can live tidily. YAY! Mind you, I can see me having to remind him a few times before it happens but if it does it will be fantastic.

I'll keep you updated on progress but in the meantime, if you are bored, take a look at my website and see the new ideas I'm trying out and let me know what you think (the link is on the right hand side of my blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment