Pages

Monday 7 February 2011

Worrying Addiction!

Don't worry, I'm not talking any sort of addiction that I will need hospitalisation for! My addiction seems to be with storage units (weird huh).

After complaining bitterly to my OH since Christmas about the fact that he promised me storage units only to then inform me I'd have to wait up to 6 months for them, I decided to take matters into my own hands. It took me a while, but I finally decided on some from Ikea. They are actually for toys but I didn't see why they couldn't work just as well for all my bits and pieces.

Now comes the addiction bit - I managed to buy a grand total of four last week and drove around and about picking them all up - one took me over an hour and a half to get to although it was free so definitely worth it. I spent a happy afternoon sorting things out and placing them just where I wanted them and you would think that would be the end of that, but no .... I found myself checking out various websites to see what else was available (they come in all shapes and sizes you know) and before my brain managed to engage fully my finger was pressing the "buy it now" button and I'm off for another jaunt this Wednesday to pick up yet another unit.

So, there you have it - my name is Laura, I'm a crafter and I'm addicted to ..... storage units. My excuse if this is the start of my fourth week off work and I am now climbing the walls and to keep myself vaguely sane I have taken to buying pieces of furniture.

Got to wait in for the courier again tomorrow to pick up a nappy cake which was ordered from my website so am going to keep away from the computer so I'm not tempted. Besides which I'm running out of room for any more!

That's it from me for today - I'm off to admire my storage :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment