Pages

Tuesday 15 February 2011

A very nice day

Its a good job I am not currently employed as eldest daughter's car died last night and she has had to use mine to get backwards and forwards to her job.

Normally I would be quite happy to walk everywhere, but today I had a nappy cake to deliver and I was planning on doing a stock swap in one of the hospital shops (try and say that quickly 3 times!).

Anyway, I told her she could use my car provided she came back to pick me up and we did my two jobs first. Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but she is a nanny and she looks after a 3 year old girl and a one year old boy. I've met the one year old before but not the little girl but have to say they are a credit to her.

They are both such happy, friendly children and I was treated to several renditions of twinkle twinkle little star and incy wincy spider as we were going along. I also had to laugh when the eldest one announced her brother was "her baby and is so squishy!".

After we had finished the deliveries we ended up in the local garden centre to feed the children and then we went and had a look at the fish in the aquatic centre and the bunnies and gerbils in the pet centre. It was really lovely seeing everything through the eyes of the children and I had a really nice day.

When I got home this afternoon I had various telephone messages on the answerphone and lots of emails too from people asking whether I wanted to attend various shows/events. I started the year with the best of intentions and promised faithfully I would only attend one or two shows a month, but that all seems to have gone out of the window as everytime somebody asks if I'd like to attend, I end up thinking about it!

Note to self - must spend more time with my family this year and not every weekend at shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment