Pages

Saturday 19 February 2011

A Rainy Saturday

I got up bright and early so I would arrive at my very first event of 2011 on time (for a change) to find it was absolutely pouring with rain. I know its February, but for goodness sake - the middle of this week was glorious in our area but come the weekend and somebody up there decides to turn teach us all a lesson for trying to go about our business and ensures we arrive wherever we are going in a complete state.

I thought I was so organised last night. After spending quite a while trying to remember exactly what I needed to take with me, I loaded the car and even got all my clothes out so I could shower and get dressed in the en-suite which means my hubby doesn't get woken up by my rummaging around trying to find something to wear.

Then I came downstairs, opened the curtains and realised that nobody with any sort of sense was going to come out and wander round a craft fayre when they could be nice and warm and dry at home.

As I was on my own, I ended up running backwards and forwards to the car to unload at least 5 times and resembled a drowned rat by the time I was ready to set up!

On the plus side, I did sell 2 x nappy cakes, 1 x scan mount with frame and a keepsake box so all in all it was a good day really. Once the rain decided to give it a rest people did venture out and all the funds raised went to the school involved.

Came home to the usual chaos of whole family sitting asking what was for dinner, washing still in machine waiting to be dried and hubby playing PS3 - nice to know nothing much changes in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day, Laura - despite the best efforts of the rain gods (who definitely have it in for us crafters!!)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete