Pages

Tuesday 20 July 2010

How to make friends .....

and influence people - NOT!

I think I told you in my last blog how I attended a village fair last Saturday, well what I didn't mention was that I managed to offend the local florist.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't intentional, but one of my "sales lines" consists of telling a potential purchaser that if they buy a bunch of flowers for the parents of a newborn baby they generally only last a week and at least my nappy cakes last a lot longer and everything can be used.

This usually works, until Saturday when the village florist came to look at my stall. In my defence I didn't know she was a florist until after the words were out of my mouth and she said "oy, I'm the local florist!". I don't think she was too happy. It also blew out of the water my chance to ask her to stock my nappy cakes in her shop.

Somehow I think I've blown that option!

No comments:

Post a Comment