Pages

Thursday 14 April 2011

Google rating

Well, after my website has been live for over 8 months and from its start on page 6 of Google, yesterday it finally made page one! YAY!!!!!!!!

Quite how long it will stay there I don't know, but I was so surprised when I checked last night.

At first I thought my computer had got it wrong so I also checked on my middle daughter's personal laptop and my mobile phone via the internet before I announced it to everyone.

Apparently, whenever anyone searches on Google for something to buy, they will inevitably buy from one of the websites on the first page, so I'm really hoping my web based sales will be boosted by being on page one.

Since I started my nappy cake business, the amount of listings of other people also making them now has probably quadrupled. It is certainly an up and coming craft. Bearing in mind there are thousands upon thousands of babies born every day in the UK, there should certainly be enough business to go round.

So, I'm waiting with bated breath for the orders to come flooding in (if you don't hear from me for a while its because I'm still holding my breath!!!!!).

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Laura. I'm sure "nappy cakes" is a very popular search term and it's brilliant you've made it to page 1. I notice you've got Free Index reviews on your site and I'm convinced these are a great help - I notice Google has linked to mine on my Google Places page!

    Good luck with the online sales! x

    ReplyDelete