Pages

Friday 11 March 2011

A sad day :0(

The title of this blog is due to the fact that I went to one of the shops that stocked my nappy cakes and removed them all today.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't just in a mood, there really was a genuine reason and I thought long and hard and then even longer before I actually went ahead and did it.

This particular shop has stocked my nappy cakes practically since I started making them, but unfortunately there is a huge amount of building work going on around it and the main door through which everybody came in and subsequently meant they walked straight past the window of the shop, has now been closed up because of the construction and therefore people don't have to walk past, which naturally means nothing is selling :0(

Each of the shops that stock my items work on a slightly different basis but this particular one rented me the shelving space and I have been paying out more than I've been getting in as hardly anything was selling. I had to take the decision, that until the building work is completed, sales were going to be slow to non existent and I am better off putting my money into some fairs and events.

Mind you, my living room is now absolutely full to bursting with nappy cakes. Eldest daughter goes way for 6 months at the end of April so I plan on utilising her room then but until that happens I'm going to have to hope and pray that some orders come in and so my stock starts to downsize!

Maybe a special offer is in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment